The International Urban Symposium announces that the Field training school and Research Seminar on Urban Ethnography and Theory will be held in Montecatini Terme, Tuscany, Italy, on 18-26 July 2022.
This eight-day Field Training School and Research Seminar is addressed to postgraduate and doctoral students, and to postdoctoral researchers, professionals and practitioners who are interested in ethnographic research and empirically-grounded analysis.
The Teaching Seminars will focus on methodological and theoretical debates, benefiting from senior scholars’ wide range of ethnographic, methodological and theoretical expertise to address topical issues, including :
- urban diversity, migration, informality ;
- legitimacy and legitimation ;
- governance, stereotype and stigma ;
- the role of sport mega-events, rituals ;
- crisis, emergency and conflict ;
- public space, vernacular landscape, heritage, identity.
Application : applicants should email the above material no later than 21st March 2022 to the School Convenors :